“You’re now about to witness the strength of street knowledge”. These are the words stated at the beginning of the block buster movie “Straight Outta Compton”. This statement sums up the revolution of the members of the rap group N.W.A.
With the many spectrums that the viewer can see within this film, the occult existence in its relations to the Kemetic Sciences is also evident. Sure, the viewer sees the grinding & hustling, the misogyny, the determination, and the good, the bad, and the ugly of the business of music. Even the powerful presentations of expressing themselves in the storytelling of the realities of Compton, CA are visible. But, the magic hidden in plain site is the infinite nature of the melanin progressive when the ego and the will merge.
This merger created a rhythmic alchemy traditionally seen in ancient Kemetic stories of nature. Each member existed in duality of elements, but only one was dominant in each. The stories of each member on his journey are explained below in five well known Kemetic Gods’ and their attributes: (this analysis is an extension of African Creation’s Video Straight Outta Kemet)
- Ausar—the father betrayed by his brother. Cut up into 14 pieces. Resurrected by his wife Auset.
- Dominate: Easy E—father of the group. His funding of the group erected the group’s foundation. Eventually, the other two major players of the group (Ice Cube and Dr. Dre) would leave the group for displeasure of the money distribution. With the pulses of the record label (Ruthless Records) gone, Ruthless’s lifeline was faint. To be revived, it was Easy’s wife who put the pieces of the Ruthless contracts in perspective. Thus, giving Easy and his label new life by eliminating his ultimate betrayer (Jerry Heller).
- Tehuti—the Scriber; the Writer. Documented events throughout his travels.
- Dominate: Ice Cube—the lead writer who documented the hardship of his community (in particular police terrorism, drugs, violence, poverty, and ghetto fame).
- Secondary: MC Ren—became the lead writer after Ice Cube’s departure. The “all seeing eye” of his pen was just as hardcore as Ice Cube’s.
- Dominate: MC Ren and The Wives. When Ren became the lead writer, his lyrics on the Niggaz 4 Life album challenged Ice Cube’s. The Wives of Easy and Ice Cube questioned the business moves of each label and Jerry Heller. This questioning forced both men to think outside of the emotions of friendship and evaluate the operations of business.
- Secondary: Ice Cube—rejected the one sided contractual offer of Jerry Heller.
- 4. Heru—the born or new sun; the center piece. The hero. Attributes & Reflections of Asaur.
- Dominate: Easy E—the center of NWA.
- Secondary: Dr. Dre—whatever he touched elevated…i.e. World Class Wrecking Crew, NWA/Ruthless Records, Death Row Records, and Aftermath Records.
- Dominate: Dr. Dre—the potter that blew breath into the life of the group with his alchemic production of airwaves. The magic of mixing & creating of sound traveled at unidentified soulful rhythms. It was the Wheel of Destiny in which the group rode to the promise land…the master producer.
- Secondary: DJ Yella—beat maker. Provided the drums that the master producer needed as added ingredients for mixing.
The logical and illogical movements in the movie are tangible aspects. However, the enlighten viewers will identify the deeper aspects of the sciences that each character possessed. No matter how negative and how oppressed the situations, each character’s melaninated nature resided in his destiny of the uncontrollable infinite…i.e. act like a man, perform like God.
Written By: Steven Kennebrew-Turner